Due to its mild Mediterranean climate, Sicily's sweet and luscious stone fruits begin to ripen at the beginning of summer and are available through to the beginning of autumn. Draped with thin shavings of prosciutto, creamy burrata, and fresh basil, this fresh salad is, quite simply, addictive. Serve with a cold bottle of Garganega.
STONE FRUIT AND PROSCIUTTO SALAD
▢ 1 ripe peach
▢ 1 ripe nectarine
▢ 1 ripe plum or 1/2 lb ripe cherries
▢ 1 ball burrata
▢ 4 oz prosciutto di parma
▢ Biancoilla Centinara Olive Oil to drizzle
▢ IGP Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
▢ pinch of Organic Oregano Flowers
▢ pinch of Pure Sicilian Sea Salt
▢ fresh basil to serve
- Cut the peach, nectarine, and plum into wedges. If using cherries, halve and remove the pits. Arrange on a serving plate.
- Tear the burrata and spread overtop of the stone fruits.
- Tear the prosciutto into strips and drape overtop of the salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- Tear basil and scatter overtop to serve.