Warm up with a bowl of hearty Chicken Ditalini Soup. Made from scratch with cubes of fresh vegetables, hand-pulled chicken breast, ancient grain Ditalini noodles and slurpy chicken broth, this soup is guaranteed to soothe the soul. Start by adding all non-grain ingredients into a large stock pot and bring to a simmer. When fully cooked, remove the chicken, cool to a temperature that is comfortable to the touch. and pull apart into small shreds. In a separate pot, cook the ditalini noodles until al dente. Combine the broth, noodles, and shredded chicken into a single pot and voila!
CHICKEN DITALINI SOUP
▢ 1 yellow onion, chopped
▢ 1 green bell pepper, chopped
▢ 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
▢ 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Combine the chicken, onion, bell pepper, celery, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and bay leaves into a large pot with 6 quarts of water.
- Bring to a boil, add garlic, Organic Sea Salt with Garlic, and pepper to taste, reduce to low heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes (or until chicken is cooked to liking).
- Remove the chicken and let it cool for about 15 minutes. Shred the chicken using your hands or a fork while the soup continues to simmer.
- In a separate pot, cook Ditalini until al dente and drain.
- Add Ditalini and shredded chicken to the large stock pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with fresh parsley.