The bountiful garden vegetables of the season inspired this Italian-American dish first created in New York City in the 1970’s. We’ve elevated this delicious dish one step further by mixing our Lemon Salt and fresh asparagus, a wild vegetable that grows in abundance on our farm, into the cream sauce for a richly satisfying meal complemented by an array of our farm-grown delicacies: Vegan Stuffed Peppers, Garlic Infused Olive Oil, and Organic Dried Basil.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves 4
▢ 16 oz Fusilli pasta
▢ 1 tsp Sicilian Sea Salt with Organic Lemon
▢ 3 tbsp Garlic Infused Olive Oil
▢ 1 tsp Organic Dried Basil
▢ 24 oz asparagus
▢ 16 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
▢ 5 medium-size purple carrots, peeled length-wise into ribbons
▢ 75 g, Pecorino-Romano cheese, roughly chopped
▢ 8 oz Mascarpone
▢ 2 cloves garlic, chopped
▢ ¼ lemon
▢ 1 lb broccoli rabe
▢ Vegan Stuffed Peppers
▢ Black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Remove woody stems from asparagus stalks. Trim tips off (2-3”) and set aside for now. Add stalks to water and boil for about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and mascarpone to a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Heat down to liquid state and then add cooked asparagus stalks (don’t drain the salted water), Lemon Salt, and Pecorino-Romano cheese. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Turn off heat and cover.
- Add Fusilli pasta to the boiling salted water and cook for 6 minutes. Add asparagus tips in for the last two minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of Garlic Infused Olive Oil over medium heat. Add broccoli rabe and cook about 6 minutes until softened a little, turning halfway through. Remove from pan and finish with a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of Lemon Salt.
- Drain pasta and asparagus tips(save some of the pasta water). Toss with sauce, tomatoes, and carrots. Mix in a tablespoon or two of pasta water if necessary for a creamy, smooth texture.
- Plate the pasta and finish with a drizzle of Garlic Infused Olive Oil, black pepper, a pinch of Lemon Salt and a squeeze of lemon. Serve with broccoli rabe and stuffed peppers.