Ricotta cheese is said to be from Sicily, which would explain why everyone's favorite Italian dessert, the cannoli, was also brought to us by way of Sicily. Ricotta's sweet and mild flavor is what gives it the versatility to be used in desserts and more savory dishes. This whipped ricotta & olive spread is an addictive crowd-pleaser- make sure you have enough crostini or crudité, as this will get gobbled up!
Prep time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound of fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Bona Furtuna Biancolilla Centinara Olive Oil
- Zest of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Bona Furtuna Sea Salt with Organic Oregano Flowers
- 1 tsp Bona Furtuna Organic Dried Basil
- 2 baguettes, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat the oven broiler or a grill to medium heat.
- Puree the ricotta, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, and dried basil in a food processor.
- Brush both sides of the baguette slices with Biancolilla Centinara Olive Oil.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and put into the oven (place a second baking sheet on a lower rack to catch any oil drips). Broil for 1.5 minutes and then flip the slices and broil for 1 more minute. If using a grill, grill on each side for about three minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the ricotta spread and sprinkle with Dried Basil and a pinch of salt. Mangiamo!