Our organic spicy Arrabbiata sauce, using air-dried Calabrian chili peppers and Sicilian Corleonese tomatoes, is an easy way to add some heat to any dish. Give this spicy deconstructed eggplant parmesan a try! It's a house favorite and is guaranteed to impress!
Prep time: 30 minutes; Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 lbs), peeled and sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 box of Bona Furtuna Penne Pasta
- Bona Furtuna Biancolilla Centinara Olive Oil
- 1 jar of Bona Furtuna Arrabbiata Sauce
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- Put the eggplant into a colander and mix in salt (this will remove some of the water from the eggplant). Let sit for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While you wait, toast the breadcrumbs in a pan over medium heat until golden brown, about five minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Rinse the salt off the eggplant and then dry the eggplant using a cloth or paper towel.
- Toss the olive oil and eggplant to coat. Roast the eggplant for 20 minutes. Begin boiling your salted pasta water about halfway through this first roast.
- Flip the eggplant and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Add Bona Furtuna Penne pasta to boiling water and cook for 8 minutes until al dente.
- Pour Bona Furtuna Arrabbiata sauce into large sauce pot or pan and warm over medium heat.
- When finished, add the roasted eggplant, drained Penne pasta, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the Arrabbiata sauce. Mix the ingredients together until pasta is coated with sauce.
- Your pasta is now ready to be served! Top with fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, and the toasted breadcrumbs. Add a drizzle of Bona Furtuna Biancolilla Centinara Olive Oil and buon appetito!