The best desserts don't need to be complicated. Let the bold and rich flavors our 25-Year Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena shine bright in this delectable combination of sweet with a splash of savory.
BALSAMIC POUND CAKE with RASPBERRIES
▢ 2 cups cake flour
▢ 1 tsp baking powder
▢ 1/2 tsp Bona Furtuna Sicilian Sea Salt
▢ 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
▢ 2 cups sugar
▢ 6 large eggs, room temperature
▢ 1/4 cup whole milk
▢ 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
▢ 2 tbsp Bona Furtuna Grand Cru Extra Virgin Olive Oil
▢ powdered sugar, to sprinkle
▢ fresh raspberries
▢ Bona Furtuna 25-Year DOP Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a 9.5x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- In electric mixer, beat butter with the sugar at medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Beat in the milk, olive oil and vanilla.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and let the cake cool for 20 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely, about 3 hours.
- Light a grill. Cut the pound cake into 10 slices. Lightly oil the grate and grill the slices over moderate heat, turning once, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Serve with raspberries, drizzled balsamic and powdered sugar. Mangiamo.