Spanish in origin, gazpacho has become a much beloved summer soup. Filled with the sweet acidity of juicy tomatoes, the tang of fresh alliums, and the body of high quality extra virgin olive oil, gazpacho soup is a quick and simple way to savor fresh ingredients. Using our pure, vine-ripened Original Passata as a base, this gazpacho is velvety smooth and balanced. We recommend serving this for a Sunday lunch, or as an appetizer for your next dinner party.
▢ 1 jar Original Passata
▢ 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
▢ 1 anaheim pepper, cored and chopped
▢ 1 small onion, chopped
▢ 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
▢ 1/2 tsp Sicilian Sea Salt & Organic Herb Blend
▢ 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
▢ 1/2 cup Heritage Blend olive oil
▢ 1 cucumber, finely diced
▢ 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
▢ 1 tbspHeritage Blend olive oil
▢ 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add the Passata, cucumber, anaheim pepper, onion, garlic, and herb salt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and blend on low. Slowly drizzle the olive oil in while continuing to blend. You’re looking to emulsify the olive oil with the sauce so that the texture becomes silky and smooth.
- Strain out the chunks, pushing through the liquid with a spatula, and place the gazpacho in the fridge until completely cooled (roughly 4-5 hours) or overnight.
- Mince the remaining cucumber and yellow bell pepper and mix them together with olive oil and lemon juice.
- When you’re ready to serve, ladle or pour the gazpacho into serving bowls and top with a spoonful of cucumber/pepper mixture. Serve with freshly ground black pepper.