The Market Maui is a chef-owned and operated deli, market, and cafe in Wailea, Maui. Opened in 2014, Chef Tarah Principato and Chef Christopher Kulis have been serving the community of Maui their signature breakfasts, lunches, and well-curated grab & go offerings for seven years. They emphasize utilizing local farmers and also offer a collection of high-end culinary brands including Bona Furtuna. At The Market Maui, you can order bites from the menu to enjoy at their outside tables, or takeaway items for home or a beach picnic, including their sought after Market Meatballs that are fully cooked and vacuum sealed. The meatballs are ready to be reheated in your favorite Bona Furtuna sauce and served with Bona Furtuna pasta for a complete meal that’s all available at The Market. There is a great section of artisan cheese, charcuterie and wine selections as well. Whatever your culinary needs, The Market Maui is open to satiate the palate in the best ways.
THE MARKET MEATBALLS
▢ 3 lbs ground pork
▢ 3 lbs ground veal
▢ 3 lbs ground beef
▢ 1/2 loaf sourdough bread - insides only
▢ 5 eggs
▢ 5 cups whole milk
▢ 2 cups Bona Furtuna Heritage Blend Sicilian Olive Oil
▢ 2 tbsp Wild Foraged Fennel Pollen
▢ 2 tbsp Aglio E Oglio Herb Blend
▢ 3 cups shredded Parmigianno-Reggiano
▢ 1 bunch Italian leaf parsley
▢ Sea salt to taste
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together, set aside. On a cutting board, slice the crust off of the Sourdough loaf, leaving only the inside of the bread; rip insides of bread into small bits. Add bread bits to the egg/milk mixture and massage with your hands until softened.
- Place ground pork, ground veal, and ground beef into a mixing bowl and blend with a paddle attachment until well incorporated.
- Add blended meat mixture to a 4” hotel pan. Season with sea salt. Pour egg/milk/bread mixture over top of the meat mixture. Sprinkle shredded Parmigianno-Reggiano, Wild Foraged Fennel Pollen, Aglio e Oglio Herb Blend, and finish with Heritage Blend Olive Oil. Proceed to fold all ingredients together in the pan with your hands. Once mostly incorporated, add 1 bunch of finely chopped Italian Flat leaf Parsley. Mix again with your hands until the Parsley is well distributed throughout the mixture.
- Heat the pan on a stovetop with olive oil over medium heat, add two test balls into the pan and cook until golden brown on the outside. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment, roll out the meatball mixture into balls using a 1/3 cup measuring cup to portion each ball. Place sheet pan in 375℉ convection oven and roast until golden brown and sizzling on the outside.
- Place meatballs in your favorite Bona Furtuna Marinara Sauce and serve with your favorite Bona Furtuna Pasta- (Or let cool and vacuum seal in bags for later use!) Mangiamo!