Everybody loves a good cookie. Deliciously buttery, Bona Furtuna Biscotti cookies crumble on your tongue with the first bite, delivering a bounty of flavor. While you can certainly eat your way quickly through a bag of our Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti, each of our beautiful cookie flavors can be used to help enhance your meal in more ways than one. From ice cream cakes to pies and cheese boards, once you start to experiment with these perfect cookies you won’t be able to stop.
Affogato, meaning “drowned”, might just be the perfect dessert. Much like a late-night gelato, an after-dinner espresso can be just the ticket to completing an exceptional meal. Take a creamy, luscious, ice cold scoop of vanilla gelato, drown it in a shot of hot, freshly brewed espresso, and serve with a Classic Cantucci Biscotti cookie. Voilà. A masterpiece.
Ice Cream Cake
Layering cold, creamy vanilla ice cream with fresh blueberry jam, blackberries, and our delicious Candied Lemon Biscotti cookies, this ice cream cake is one you’ll want to whip out all summer long. After all, there’s nothing easier to make that receives the same level of excitement as an ice cream cake.
▢ 1 box Candied Lemon Biscotti
▢ 1 box Classic Cantucci Bisoctti
▢ 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
▢ 2 cups fresh balckberries, divided
▢ 3 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
▢ 1 cup sugar, divided
▢ 1/4 cup water
▢ 1 lemon, zested
▢ 2 tbsp lemon juice
▢ 1 cup heavy whipping cream
▢ Fresh mint leaves to serve
- Start by making the berry jam. Place 1 cup of blueberries and 1 cup of blackberries in a saucepan over medium heat with ¾ cup sugar, ¼ cup water, and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Stir to combine. Cook down, stirring occasionally, until the berries have softened and begin to break down into a jam. After about 15-20 minutes, remove from heat and cool completely.
- Place the Candied Lemon Biscotti and Classic Cantucci Biscotti in a food processor in batches and pulse until crushed but not fully crumbled. Set aside.
- Line a 9 x 5 in loaf pan with saran wrap.
- Place the ice cream in a large bowl and stir to soften. Add the jam and fresh blueberries and blackberries to the ice cream and stir to combine, creating a swirl of ice cream, jam and fresh berries.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with ½ cup of crushed Lemon Biscotti. Scoop 1 ½ cups of ice cream over top and spread out evenly. Repeat twice, ending with the last of the crumbs. Cover and freeze overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve the cake, prepare the whipped cream topping. Place the heavy whipping cream in a mixing bowl with zest of 1 lemon, ¼ cup of sugar and a pinch of salt. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the covering of the ice cream cake and invert the cake onto a plate, using the plastic wrap overhang to pry it out of the pan. Cover the top of the cake with whipped cream, and garnish with fresh mint.
Much like a graham cracker crust, you can make an excellent crust with our Biscotti cookies just by crumbling them in a blender and mixing them with butter. Pressed into a pie pan, you've got a heavenly crust waiting for you in a matter of minutes. Try making our Chocolate Cherry Pie using our brownie-like Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti cookies as your base. From there, the options are endless.
Crushed and Sprinkled on Yogurt
It’s as simple as it sounds. Whether you’re looking for an easy way to make your breakfast a little more interesting, or want to serve a healthy-ish dessert for your next dinner, this combination is heavenly. Crumble 1-2 of our Dried Fruits & Seeds Biscotti cookies overtop of a luscious greek yogurt and top with fresh berries for the perfect treat.
The expressive nuance of serving sharp cheese alongside something sweet is one of life’s great pleasures. A balance of texture and taste, using Bona Furtuna Biscotti cookies as a cracker on your cheese plate is as dangerous as it is delectable. For the Double Chocolate Chunk, try a sharp blue cheese such as Gorgonzola. With our Candied Lemon Biscotti, we’d recommend you go for a cheddar cheese or fontina d’Aosta. Filled with sweet almonds, our Classic Cantucci begs for a thick slice of Parmigiano-Reggiano drizzled with honey, while our Dried Fruits & Seeds Biscotti is the perfect accompaniment to a soft goat cheese.